CFA and other consumer advocacy groups sent a letter to the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee today in support of six important product safety bills, with a strong recommendation for strengthening the sixth bill. The bills advanced out of the Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Commerce last week and are set to be in markup on July 17th. The bills are:
- The STURDY Act (H.R. 2211)
- The Safe Sleep for Babies Act of 2019 (H.R. 3172)
- The Safe Cribs Act of 2019 (H.R. 3170)
- The Nicholas and Zachary Burt Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act of 2019 (H.R. 1618)
- The Portable Fuel Container Safety Act of 2019 (H.R. 806)
- The Safer Occupancy Furniture Flammability Act, or SOFFA (H.R. 2647)
The groups believe these bills will substantially improve safety in the marketplace by helping to protect infants, children, and consumers from dangerous products.