The Consumer Federation of America (CFA) seeks a highly competent and motivated communications coordinator to support a national campaign promoting personal saving among low- and moderate-income households. The campaign is led by America Saves, a CFA program that works with a wide range of institutions to encourage and assist individuals to build savings, starting with an emergency fund.
We are looking for a public interest-minded and technologically savvy individual who is resourceful, detail-oriented, and an outstanding writer. Knowledge of graphic design or video production is a plus.
The communications coordinator will work closely with the America Saves communications director and Military Saves team to assist in creating, formatting, and distributing information about America Saves initiatives and saver resources. This full-time position is located in Washington, DC. Applications from remote candidates will not be considered.
• Manage operations of multiple websites and social media channels
• Coordinate editorial calendar for websites and emails
• Oversee America Saves blog, working with partners to secure guest posts and drafting original content
• Assist in the development of new educational resources on saving, homeownership, auto finance, debt reduction, education, and related savings topics
• Format and send emails through email marketing software
• Research and distribute media clips to America Saves staff and maintain media contact lists
• Track use of websites, social media, partner resource packets, media, and America Saves Week/Military Saves Week activities
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field of study
• Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience in public relations/communications, journalism, financial capability, or personal finance field
• Knowledge of website content management systems and email marketing platforms
• Excellent copy editing, grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
• Ability to work extended days and hours, while rare, is required
CFA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consumer Federation of America, a Washington, DC-based non-profit that works to advance the rights of consumers through research, advocacy and education, is seeking talented, motivated interns with an interest in food and product safety, consumer protection, and financial services.
Interns work with advocates to advance pro-consumer policy on a variety of issues before Congress, the White House, federal and state regulatory agencies, state legislatures, and the courts. They also assist with research to investigate consumer issues, such as high-cost credit, privacy, the safety of children’s products, and fish, meat and poultry inspection. CFA seeks applicants who are pursuing a graduate or law degree and who possess a high level of oral and written communication skills.
Based at the Consumer Federation of America’s office in Washington, DC, the internship is unpaid, though course credit can be given if the intern makes appropriate arrangements. In-city transportation stipends may be available. Full or part time.
To apply for an internship, submit a cover letter and resume to Sara Cooper. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Start and end dates flexible.