Seeking experienced advocate and organizer to join Consumer Federation of America’s financial services advocacy and outreach efforts as a key part of CFA’s financial services team.
Commitment to and experience with public interest advocacy is necessary.
- Playing a key role in CFA’s financial services advocacy and public policy work on high cost lending and credit, banking, fintech, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau rulemakings, student lending, and other consumer financial services issues.
- Managing CFA’s outreach efforts, including CFA’s annual lobby day efforts. This outreach will include contacting participants, building coalitions, drafting materials, establishing and executing plans.
- Both of these efforts will include:
- Leading a subset of financial services issues as part of financial services team, working with CFA’s Director of Financial Services and Legislative Director.
- Effectively advocating for consumers through research reports, communicating with Members of Congress and staff, and working with coalition partners.
- Leading High Cost Lending outreach efforts including managing meetings, establishing agendas and priorities.
- Communicating to CFA members and coalition partners through emails, phone calls, and written materials.
- Establishing contacts with Members of Congress.
- Documenting and tracking lobby day and other outreach efforts.
- Planning full day events, panels and speakers for conferences and training sessions.
- Assisting efforts to build CFA Membership.
- Coordinating and drafting grant reporting.
- Leading CFA’s Policy Resolution process that establishes the scope of CFA’s advocacy.
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest advocacy.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an advocate/organizer.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; master’s degree or law degree valued.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and team player.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Rachel Weintraub, CFA’s Legislative Director and General Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consumer Federation of America (CFA) seeks a dynamic and motivated communications coordinator to support a national campaign promoting personal saving among American households. The campaign is managed by America Saves, a CFA program that works with a wide range of institutions to motivate individuals to build savings, starting with an emergency fund.
We are looking for a public interest-minded and technologically savvy individual who is resourceful, detail-oriented, and an outstanding writer. Experience with graphic design or video production is a plus.
The communications coordinator will work closely with the senior communications manager and digital engagement strategist to assist in creating, formatting, and distributing information about America Saves initiatives and saver resources. This full-time position is located in Washington, DC. Applications from remote candidates will not be considered.
- Supporting day-to-day operations of multiple websites and social media channels; keeping audiences engaged
- Coordinating the editorial calendar with staff, keeping content up to date, and ensuring all sites and documents meet established content standards
- Managing America Saves and Military Saves blogs; working with staff and partners to secure guest posts in addition to drafting original content
- Supporting on-going email and text message marketing strategies
- Researching and distributing media clips to America Saves staff
- Tracking use of websites, social media, partner resource packets, media, and America Saves Week/Military Saves Week activities; creates tailored analytical and benchmarking reports to share with America Saves team
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field of study
- Minimum 2-3 years of related professional experience
- Experience with content management systems, email marketing programs, and social media platforms
- Excellent copyediting, grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, a team player, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products a plus
- Interest or experience with personal finance issues preferred
- 100% employer-paid health care, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance
- Three weeks paid vacation to start and three personal days
- Federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving
- Generous paid sick leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution after the first year
Consumer Federation of America is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit cover letter, resume, and relevant links to email@example.com.
The Consumer Federation of America, a Washington, DC-based non-profit that works to advance the rights of consumers through research, advocacy and education, is seeking talented, motivated interns with an interest in food and product safety, consumer protection, and financial services.
Interns work with advocates to advance pro-consumer policy on a variety of issues before Congress, the White House, federal and state regulatory agencies, state legislatures, and the courts. They also assist with research to investigate consumer issues, such as high-cost credit, privacy, the safety of children’s products, and fish, meat and poultry inspection. CFA seeks applicants who are pursuing a graduate or law degree and who possess a high level of oral and written communication skills.
Based at the Consumer Federation of America’s office in Washington, DC, the internship is unpaid, though course credit can be given if the intern makes appropriate arrangements. In-city transportation stipends may be available. Full or part time.
To apply for an internship, submit a cover letter and resume to Sara Cooper. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Start and end dates flexible.