CFA wrote to members of the House Financial Services Committee in support of six pro-investor bills scheduled for mark-up. CFA urged members to vote in favor of the following bills:
- The Short Sale Transparency and Market Fairness Act (H.R. 4618)
- The Trading isn’t a Game Act (H.R. 4685)
- The Order Flow Improvement Act (H.R. 4617)
- Untitled legislation to limit the family office exemption (H.R. 4620)
- Untitled legislation to further restrict trading ahead by market makers (H.R. 4619)
- The Financial Exploitation Prevention Act (H.R. 2265
The bills “respond to weaknesses in the regulatory regime governing our securities markets revealed by recent market disruptions, including the frenzied trading of meme stocks in January and the implosion of Archegos Capital Management in March. As such, they will contribute to both the protection of investors and the fair and orderly operations of our markets,” the letter states.