National Food Policy Conference 2011
34th Annual National Food Policy Conference
October 3 & 4, 2011
Capital Hilton Hotel, Washington, DC
(Note: not all panelists submitted presentations or prepared written remarks.)
Monday, October 3, 2011:
- Perspectives: Pressures on our Global Food System: How Do We Feed 9 Billion People by 2050?
- Breakout Panel: Reshaping the Farm Bill – What Are the Priorities?
- Breakout Panel: Addressing Food Deserts: Can the Pennsylvania Model Work Nationally?
- Breakout Panel: Assuring the Safety of Imported Food
- Breakout Panel: Should Consumers Bear the Cost of Farm Support Programs? The Case for Sugar and Dairy Policy Reform in the Farm Bill
- Breakout Panel: Nutrition Messaging and Food Marketing in the Digital World
- Barbara Longo, Deputy Division Chief, Nutrition and Local Program Services, WIC Supplemental Nutrition Program (presentation)
- Breakout Panel: Next Steps for Food Safety: Improving Meat and Poultry Safety
- Tony Corbo, Senior Lobbyist, Food & Water Watch (presentation)
Tuesday, October 4, 2011:
- Breakout Panel: The Costs and Impacts of Rising Food Prices
- Breakout Panel: Older Americans: Promoting Healthy, Safe and Sufficient Food for this Overlooked Population
- Ashley Carson Cottingham, Staff Director, Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging (presentation)
- Keynote Address:
- The Honorable Chellie Pingree, U.S. House of Representatives (presentation)
- Keynote Address
- Margaret A. Hamburg, Commissioner, Food and Drug Administration (presentation)
Check out our Photos from the conference.
Don't forget to follow @CFAFoodPolicy on twitter!